We all know it. ”Simplicity wins!” Or KISS – ”Keep It Simple, Stupid”. Well, do we? I know in German there’s an expression saying ”Don’t leace it tha simple! Involve an engineer to make it more complicated!”
So – WHY are we not keeping it simple?
I believe some (or all!) of these factors are behind or behavior:
1. Scanning the problem – over or underestimating
2. Filtered in Perceptive filters
3. Judging from experiences (and more – check learning styles)
4. carefully consisering all available options
5. Before acting: considering social effects of the different options
6. My wish to be regarded as smart leads me to more complicated actions
7. If the perceived culture is blaming, the likelier the complicated model is chosen
What do YOU think?